- Business Banking
- Commercial Loans
- Personal Banking
- About Us
Financial Abuse Awareness
Protect yourself and your finances
Financial Abuse is a growing concern throughout the nation. By following the suggestions below, you can help to prevent Financial Abuse and to identify situations where others might be at risk for Financial Abuse.
For questions or concerns about Financial Abuse related to your accounts at AltaPacific Bank, please contact one of our employees at 707.236.1500.
- Regularly review all your bank account statements and notify us immediately if you discover an unauthorized transaction.
- If something seems too good to be true, it probably is a scam – for example, you are told that you have won a prize for a contest you did not enter.
- Use direct deposit for checks whenever possible.
- Do not sign blank checks.
- Never give out credit card numbers over the phone unless you placed the call.
- Never give out your Social Security number or bank account number over the phone.
- Keep accurate and complete financial records of all transactions.
- Put all financial instructions in writing.
- Do not sign over money or property to anyone in return for care without having the agreement reviewed by an attorney.
- Do not leave valuables in plain view in your car, office or home.
- Don’t sign anything without reading it carefully.
- Don’t make donations to charities you do not know.
- Get several estimates before you have any work done to your home.
- Do not pay for any work until it is completed.
- Keep all documents, such as wills, insurance policies, bank information, in a safe place or safe deposit box.
- Establish a relationship with the employees at your bank.
If you think you have been a victim of Financial Abuse, contact local law enforcement.