Your AltaPacific Bank Debit Card
comes with built-in security and safety. No cost or
registration is needed. We use a state of the art fraud
detection/prevention solution that combines individual
cardholder behavior, transactional data, credit/debit
modeling techniques and other fraud analytical strategies.
We are on guard 24 hours a day and alert you to transactions
which appear to be fraudulent. You can help by keeping
your contact information current with the Bank to ensure
immediate contact when transaction alerts are received.
The security and privacy of your online transactions is
important. MasterCard® SecureCode™ is a service from
MasterCard® that provides greater peace of mind when you
shop online by providing added protection against
unauthorized use of enrolled cards. Registration is simple
and quick. Click on the link below to sign up and protect
your online transactions.
MasterCard® SecureCode™ Registration
ATM Safety Tips
These safety precautions are meant to make you aware that
although rare, ATM crime can happen. Preventing such a crime
must be a cooperative effort between you and the Bank.
Exercise care when using an ATM, and follow these general
Protecting Your Debit/ATM card
- Always protect your Debit/ATM card and keep it in a
safe place, just like you would cash, credit cards or
- Do not leave your Debit/ATM card lying around the
house or on your desk at work. No one should have access
to the card but you. Immediately notify us if it is lost
- Select a Personal Identification Number (PIN) that
is easy for you to remember, but avoid using the last
four digits of your Social Security number or telephone
number as these are easy for others to guess.
- Keep your Personal Identification Number (PIN) a
secret. Never write it down anywhere, especially on your
- Never give any information about your Debit/ATM card
or PIN over the telephone. For example, if you receive a
call, supposedly from the Bank or possibly the police,
wanting to verify your PIN, do not give that
information. Notify the police immediately.
Using an ATM
- Be aware of your surroundings, particularly at
night. If you observe or sense suspicious persons or
circumstances, do not use the machine at that time.
- Have your Debit/ATM card ready and in your hand as
you approach the ATM. Don't wait to get to the ATM and
then take your card out of your wallet or purse.
- Be careful that no one can see you enter your PIN at
the ATM. Use your body to "shield" the ATM keyboard as
you enter your PIN into the ATM.
- To keep your account information confidential,
always take your receipts or transaction records with
- Do not count or visually display any money you
receive from the ATM. Immediately put your money into
your pocket or purse and count it later.
- If you are using a drive-up ATM, be sure passenger
windows are rolled up and all doors are locked. If you
leave your car and walk to the ATM, lock your car.
Special Precautions for Using an ATM at Night
- Park close to the ATM in a well-lighted area.
- Take another person with you, if at all possible.
- If the lights at the ATM are not working, don't use
- If shrubbery has overgrown or a tree blocks the
view, select another ATM and notify your bank.